Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Significance of Human Nature

I chose the song "Let it be", which is one of the most famous songs by the Beatles. This song effectively expresses the human nature. Every single person is expected to live in society and therefore, as we learned, we are supposed to act "the social me", which is normally different depending on the situation. What is more, all of us are likely to face a variety of problems in our social lives to a certain extent. For that case, this song recomends you to be natural. I believe that it is because humans are selfless, peaceable and untroubled by nature as Rousseau claimed. However, this human nature, which is given by god, is likely to be destroyed by experiences which are brought out through society. Consequently, I claim that the song explains the significance of being natural in order to escape from the trouble.

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

The Beatles. "Let it be." Let it Be. Capitol, 1970.
The Beatles-Let It Be

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy the song you picked for your musical out look on life. It tends to be a rally point for many people to remember to just let somethings be, because sometimes that's what life really needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chose a good song Yoshi! I agree with you that we have some kind of "social me" which depends on the situation. Great observation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you and I love this song!
    When I listen to this song, I felt peaceful. Therefore, I believe that people enjoy this song! Moreover, we have "social me" various depends on the situation.

    ReplyDelete