Sunday, March 28, 2010

Reflecting on Professor Kjar's lecture

I learned about evolution throughout the lecture given by Professor Kjar. First of all, I learned that when it comes to the topic, evolution, it is likely to include a variety of aspects such as theories, hypothesises, facts and truth. They appear to be all the same, each one is significantly different from each other. For instance, while facts are always the same as a conclusion not depending on the person, trush is something that you know. Evolution is likely to be believed as creation myths, which are different depending on regions and so it can be said that evolution is deeply related to the person's perspective or beliefs. However, in fact evolution always has something to do with biological facts. I was also surprised at the fact that evolution has a lot to do with science and it can be taken place because of a lot of elements like mutation, recombination and genetic drift. Professor Kjar explained since science has been developed rapidly, it could affect the way how creatures evolve. However, the most interesting fact that I personally found during the lecture was that to focus on the origin of the human being, we are related to each other. This line added new perspective to me in terms of evolution because this is what I had never come up with. Before the lecture, I had never been familiar with the topic because it had seemed to be too complicated and not related to me. However, now I feel evolution is somewhat connected to me as a human being.

Pardeshi. 8 October 2007. Online image. flickr. retrieved from:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pardeshi/1514977212/

1 comment:

  1. I think it is even more powerful when we understand evolution be simply a small shift of hair color rather than a species shift.

    ReplyDelete